THIS MINISTRY IS CURRENTLY ON HIATUS DUE TO COVID-19. To join this ministry, contact the acolyte coordinator, Carrie Lewis at . or the Vergers, Audra Ryes and Mary Sutton
Acolyte Guidelines and Responsibilities
- Schedule: Sign up via Sign Up Genius. If this is your first time serving, welcome to the ministry! Please let us know before your first Sunday so that there is extra time to answer any questions.
- Arrive on Time: For new acolytes, arrive in the vesting room by 10:00am, returning acolytes, report upstairs by 10:10am.
- Vesting: You must be vested and ready to serve 20 minutes before the service. Choose a black cassock and white surplice of appropriate length from the acolyte closet in the vesting room. Shoes should be comfortable and easy to walk in; not noisy or distracting. Pockets should not have phones, games, or snacks.
- Wooden Cross for your first Sunday serving
- “I Am The Vine” Cross (3rd-7th grade)
- Jerusalem Cross for High Schoolers (8th-12th grade)
- Colorful Jerusalem Cross for Acolyte Captain.
- During the Service: Participate in the service with your bulletin, hymnal, and BCP. Ask questions in a whisper.
- A Few Reminders:
- You are an important part of the liturgy.
- Invite your friends to serve with you!
- At the conclusion of the service, hang up your cassock and surplice.